What it does:
Besides improving overall health and radiance of the skin, gua sha has a multitude of benefits.
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Reduces puffiness and fluid buildup
- Relieves facial and jaw tension
- Aids in circulation to give skin a glow
- Firms and lifts the face over time
How to use:
- Start with a clean face and prep skin with a facial oil or serum to enhance the glide of the gua sha tool and nourish the skin. We love to pair the gua sha tool with Mount Lai's natural skincare products, which are made from nourishing herbs & plants and designed to pair with our tools. Shop skincare here
-Keep the tool flat against the face and begin with the forehead. Scrape in an upwards motion from the eyebrows to the hairline.
- Move to the cheeks and scrape in an outwards motion starting from the crease of the nose until the ear.
- Move to the jawline and use the end of the gua sha tool with the two curves. Start from the chin and scrape until the ear. Gently massage the gua sha tool into the ear to release tension.
- For the under-eye area, very gently scrape the gua sha tool from the inner corner of the eye outwards to the temple. Because the area is so sensitive, it is important to only apply light pressure.
Due to natural variations in stone, every gua sha tool is unique in pattern and color. The stones + crystals we use are authentic and natural. We do not artificially dye or treat the stones to let their true beauty shine through.
Use our facial tools and skincare for naturally glowing, radiant skin. Pair different tools together with our skincare to maximize results. We harness ancient beauty secrets with a modern approach to craft gentle yet effective tools and skincare. Our products are easy to use and perfect to add to your everyday ritual. For a detailed guide on how to use,
A Brand Rooted in History and Culture...
We believe in wisdom through the ages. Our products are based around Traditional Chinese Medicine practices that have been passed down through generations, inspired by founder Stephanie Zheng's grandmother. Our skincare products are formulated in collaboration with Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners, using herbs intentionally selected for their healing and beneficial properties that have been studied extensively throughout history.